Matthew Perry: "... this time I had prayed for the right thing: help."


 Hitting bottom is what finally led Matthew Perry to turn to God once again, but this time with a humbler yet earnest plea. Recounting the event in his book, the actor writes:

‘God, please help me,’ I whispered. ‘Show me that you are here. God, please help me.’

As I kneeled, the light slowly began to get bigger, and bigger, until it was so big that it encompassed the entire room…What was happening? And why was I starting to feel better?

He continued:

I started to cry. I mean, I really started to cry – that shoulder-shaking kind of uncontrollable weeping. I wasn’t crying because I was sad. I was crying because for the first time in my life, I felt OK. I felt safe, taken care of. Decades of struggling with God, and wrestling with life, and sadness, all was being washed away, like a river of pain gone into oblivion.

I had been in the presence of God. I was certain of it. And this time I had prayed for the right thing: help.

In a world full of bad news, the very best news is that the Lord can transform and reform the very worst parts of us. Whatever you may be struggling with, turn it over to Him, knowing that He makes all things new (Rev. 21:5).  

From Daily Citizen

--- end ---

Actor Matthew Perry, came to God with his imperfections, pain and loneliness. He finally found the source of all happiness and satisfaction - Jesus Christ.

Jesus says, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30):

Anyone, can come to Jesus, just as he has. Jesus Christ is waiting with His arms outstretched. He is waiting for you, tenderly pleads you to come and receive forgiveness and victory over all your addictions and struggles. You are never too far gone from Him. Come to Jesus Christ. He is calling you.

No comments: