Hurricane Michael and God's Grace

"Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses. He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still."
Psalms 107:28,29



In July 2018, I bought in a little brick home in Panama City, Florida, after retiring. My new life included bike rides along St Andrews Bay, visiting St Andrews State Park and walking on the beach.

Then in early October, I learned of a possible hurricane coming this way. You never really know where it will hit until the last minute, so I was going to stay but decided to hunker down with friends in Youngstown, Florida, which is about 30 minutes north. The eye wall passed over along with tornados which snapped big trees all over, but their house was strong with a new roof, so we faired very well thank the Lord.

It wasn't until a few days later I was able to get back to my home in Panama City and by God's grace, my home, my car and even my bike which was thrown around in a big shed that flipped on its side were all good or had minor damage. Also, my two cats who rode out the storm inside the house were fine. THANK YOU JESUS!

A friend filmed this before I could get back to Panama City.


Others, however, didn't and we continue to pray for all victims.

This is the 7th day after Hurricane Michael hit and I still have no water nor power. My phone just started working this morning. Gas lines are long, traffic in some places is stop and go but responders are working long and hard coming from all over to help. The roads are getting cleared of downed trees and power lines more and more each day.

I'm currently at Panera Bread in Miramar Beach 45 miles from home so I can use internet.

Over all, I am extremely thankful for the grace of God carrying me through this and I'm very very blessed to have wonderful family and friends who have been helping and praying. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Below are my videos...



















OCTOBER 19, 2018 UPDATE
Currently at the laundromat in Panama City Beach as I have no water nor power. My neighbors have water but I don't due to broken pipes in the fallen tree root ball. The gas line is also broken. Tuesday my claims adjuster comes. I took a shower yesterday at a friends a few blocks away. The cats are happy, my car works, and I can live in my house unlike so many others. All in all in spite of the situation, I am very blessed and thankful to my Lord Jesus Christ.

A FEW PHOTOS...


















BELOW
This was Oct 18, 2018. The sirens are on and off all day but last night they didn't stop for a good ten minutes around 8 pm and here's a two minute sample. It is dark because I have no power and curfew is as dusk.


DAY 10




OCTOBER 21, 2018 UPDATE
DAY 12
Could hardly recognize the Lake Caroline area where I often rode my bike... heartbreaking...


OCTOBER 25, 2018
Still no running water but hopefully pipe will be repaired tomorrow. Here are a couple of more vids...





NOVEMBER 10, 2018 UPDATE
One Month Later...


"But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus,
after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
1 Peter 5:10

No comments: