I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?
He replied, "This much."
And he stretched out his arms and died.
THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT
Both last night and this morning, I am reminded of God's great love for us, so great that He sent His only begotten Son to die in our place for our sin and then rise from the grave to give us eternal life. That is amazing, don't you think? Jesus tells us that he himself is the true vine and his Father is the Farmer. "Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit." I used to think this fruit was either good works or people who got saved, but Galations 5 says, "the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance." If my life is hidden in Christ and I am obeying him, then the fruit of the Spirit should be coming forth from my life, just like delicous apples coming forth from an apple tree!

No comments: