January 22, 2006





PENSACOLA BEACH
It was unusually warm today, so Hannah and I went to the beach to look for shells and have fun. While sitting on the beach, I asked Hannah to take a handful of sand. "How many grains of sand do you think you are holding?" She couldn't guess. Then I said, "Did you know that God thinks about you more than all the grains of sand on all the beaches all over the world?" Her eyes grew big as I concluded, "He thinks about us a lot, doesn't He!"

Psalm 139:17, 18 "How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee."

THE END OF THE SPEAR
Last night, a few of us went to see this new movie based on the true story of five missionary families who lost all their husbands in the Amazon in 1956. I was deeply touched by it and highly recommend it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stavorinus said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOW NICE. i'M HOMESICK TO ANOTHERONES HOME. iTS FREEZING OVER HERE.
PLEASE PLEASE PRAY FOR US.

GEORGE

1/23/06, 2:03 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

May the Lord God Almighty bless you and your family, George, keeping you close to His heart where it is safe and warm!

1/23/06, 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home