May 2, 1611 King James Authorized Bible First Published



400 years ago TODAY, the King James version of the Bible was first published.

As a small child, my father gave me a King James Bible that he bought while working on the movie 'The Ten Commandments' in Egypt which I still have but it was hard for me to read.

And it wasn't until after I became born-again (read John 3), that I could understand any of it!

Then over the years, I started reading many of the modern versions: New International, New American Standard, Good News for Modern Man, Amplified, Living Bible, etc etc.

However, in 2005 while living in Berlin, Germany, as a missionary, my eyes were opened to the needless changes and removal of words/verses in these modern versions thus watering down the diety of Christ. Stunned by this discovery, I tossed them all and returned to the King James version.

Now most everyday, I read at least one chapter and just like our bodies need physical food, our soul needs spiritual food. Reading the Scriptures brings great comfort and hope!

"And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God." Luke 4:4

No comments: