NOW read this...
MORE Manifestations, LESS Bible!
1 Timothy 3:16-17
- “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
- "That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.”
" The Quakers even rejected the Bible as the basis for church authority; for although they studied it, they did not accept it as the only rule of faith and practice. The Quakers preferred a divine, immediate revelation within to the authority of church, creed or Bible. Because of their lack of a creed, the Quakers permitted a wide variety of beliefs to develop and this condition exists to this day." 55
“…Roberts was no expositor of the Word, and this was a weakness that was passed on to the new converts, who relied heavily on emotion and not upon Scripture “.56
“…Elder" Seymour rarely preached, but when he did, he would often take out a tiny Bible and read only one or two words at a time. Then he would walk the room, challenging unbelievers face to face, shouting to those kneeling at altars to "let the tongues come forth!" or "Be empathetic!” 57
'Don't let the Bible get in the way of the blessing.''Some of you Bible-lovers need to put-it down and let God work on you.'‘The Bible has let us down. It has not delivered the numbers we need.''You must not let your mind hinder the receiving of the blessing.' 59.
"Deviation from the Word of God, and the use of extra-biblical sources of teaching have led John Wimber and the Vineyard into many New Age/occultic, shamanistic beliefs and activities, such as inner healing, aura reading, and manipulation, astral projection (i.e., out of body experiences) and contact with familiar spirits..." 60
"... began working at Fuller Seminary in the founding organization under Charles E. Fuller...in 1974, I began working for Fuller Evangelistic Association and developing a new department called the Department of Church Growth...during the next three and one half years we worked with churches all over America and Canada, primarily the US. We ministered to about 40,000 pastors during that period of time in seminars... Over that period of time we worked with 27 different denominations and 9 para-church organizations..." 61
"…. John Wimber was what I call the "restoration implementor".. a restoration theologian who believed and taught that the gifts and offices of the Holy Spirit had been stolen from the church, and that they were going to be restored. He was also a Latter Rain theologian in that he taught that the Holy Spirit would come "incrementally", perhaps by "visiting your city", or in an "outpouring" "awakening" or "revivalry" and that the "Holy Spirit" should "COME!"…that is why they are always screaming for "MORE!" at the meetings.. they believe the Holy Spirit is being poured out and hasn't yet "fully come" as the Bible clearly says he did. Because of this belief in receiving "more" of the spirit, they have opened themselves up to receiving another spirit entirely…and it is a powerful one… they solicit an "outpouring and visitation" of the spirit that has lead to what they call "restoration" of what was taken from the church…”“What's more, John taught that the "gifts" would be "imparted" through the laying on of hands, and the "offices" of prophet, evangelists, apostle, teacher and healer were going to be "restored" as well… “62
"Come!!! Now!!! There it is right now. There it is right now. The Power of God is beginning to fall. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth be filled. Be filled...There it is all over this building. Right now the power of God
is beginning to fall. I loose the very touch of heaven now, in Jesus' name... The fire of God is beginning to fall all over this place, all over this place...Just receive it...Like a river [8 times] Let it flow like a river." 63
".... Believing that much of the Christian was in error, in 1955 Wierwille founded The Way to educate young men and women in the "correct way of biblical education." ... The Way International raised the ire of other Christian groups, labelled a "cult" because of their antitrinitarian views. One of the largest of all the extremist groups of the Jesus People movement, by the mid-1970s the organization boasted over 20,000 active members..." 1
It is noteworthy that it was Victor Wierwille who went to the House of Acts in 1968 and gave Ted Wise, the Heefners, Doops and Lonnie and Connie Frisbee, and several others their understanding of the Holy Spirit. Wierwille worked miracles, cast out demons--which he did while teaching them about the Holy Spirit, as well as teaching them how to speak tongues, all in one night. The Heefners and Doops joined Wierwille and helped set up his national organization. 2
Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
When first challenged by Ted Wise, who was one of the founding 'fathers' of the Jesus people movement, about his belief in Christ and even though he rejected the divinity of Jesus Christ, Wierwille passed with flying colors.
"The first person Wierwille met was Ted Wise, who put him through a test he couldn’t possibly fail. Wise said, "You know, it says in I John you test the spirits. We usually ask everybody here to confess the Lord Jesus Christ, or they freak out and they can’t. So where do you stand on this?""And that pleased Wierwille," said Heefner, "he liked that up-frontness. And he gave his witness. So by the time he was through with two or three minutes of talking, we said, ‘Okay, fella, we believe you.’ " 3
Lonnie and Connie Frisbee and the Wises began taking Wierwille's PFAL classes and then discontinued. Lonnie then went to join Chuck Smith in Costa Mesa's Calvary Chapel, which caused an explosion on growth. Frisbee eventually joined with John Wimber, who had also been with Chuck Smith. Wimber later split and helped start the Vineyard movement with Frisbee joining him and also others. For More on Lonnie Frisbee and John Wimber, See: What Happened in Africa?; Part 2: Taking the Mark; Quaking Like Quakers; Wheat and Tares; More Manifestations LESS Bible, etc..
For More on The Way International beliefs please see: Michael John Rood Continuing The WAY
Update Footnotes1. http://one-way.org/jesusmovement/ click Leaders
2. The Cult That Snapped: A Journey Into the Way International, Karl Kahler, 1999, p. 60-61
3. Ibid, p. 60
4. JESUS CHRIST IS NOT...A Closer Look at The Way's Efforts to "Divide" The Word About Jesus Christ; http://www.empirenet.com/~messiah7/rsr_jcwdsway.htm
5. BIBLICAL RESEARCH & TEACHING http://www.empirenet.com/~messiah7/tw_research.htm
"...Cooke journeyed around the world befriending an assortment of mystics and spiritual teachers. In the early 1950s he became a close confidant of L. Ron Hubbard, the ex-navy officer who founded the Scientology organization. Cooke rose high in the ranks of the newly formed religious cult. (He was the first "clear" in America, meaning he had attained the level of an advanced Scientology initiate.) Before long, however, he grew disillusioned with Hubbard and they parted ways. A few years later, while living in Algiers, Cooke was stricken with polio, which left him crippled and confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life. Despite his physical disability he was revered by a Sufi sect in northern Africa as a great healer and a saint. Some of his admirers claim he could activate shakti, or kundalini energy, and induce a blissful spinal seizure merely by touching people on the forehead.By the early 1960s Cooke had moved back to California, he immersed himself in an intensive study of the tarot. Word quickly spread through the West Coast occult circuit about an extraordinary psychic who possessed a tarot deck with the handwritten annotations of its previous owner, the infamous Aleister Crowley." 64B
- 2 Peter 2:1-3
- "But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."
Next Section: Renovaré & The Christian Mystic
55. William H. Gentz; General Editor; The Dictionary of Bible and Religion; Nashville, Abingdon Press, 1986, Article:Friends, Society of (Quakers);p. 375
56. http://www.robibrad.demon.co.uk/Revival.htm#4 Bending The Church to Save the World: The Welsh Revival of 1904
57. http://www.christianityonline.com/christianhistory/58H/58H010.html American Pentecost by Ted Olsen; Christianity Online
58. THE LIFE OF CHARLES F PARHAM: Founder of the Apostolic Faith Movement; p. 161; Sarah E. Parham; Garland Publishing, Inc.; New York & London, 1985; original in 1930
59. Pg. 51 Blessing the Church? Clifford Hill and Peter Fenwick, David Forbes, David Noakes; Eagle; 1995
60. p. 24 Media Spotlight; Special Report: The Vineyard: History, Teachings & Practices, p.7; Albert James Dager; 1996
61. Audio, Personal Pilgrimage, Ananheim Vineyard, 714.777.4777
62. The Vineyard Without Wimber; http://www.cyberspy.com/~cephasmi/wimb8.html ; http://www.cyberspy.com/~cephasmi/
63. "The Coming Revival" videotape from Lakeland, Florida.) http://imagint.com/bereans/river/rhb3.html Rodney Howard Browne¹s Quotes
64. p.111, Trojan Horse: How the New Age Infiltrates the Church; Brenda Scott & Samantha Smith; Huntington House Publishers; 1993
64B. p. 157-158 Acid Dreams: The CIA, LSD and the Sixties Rebellion by Martin A. Lee and Bruce Shlain; Grove Press, 1985
Copyright . All articles are the sole property of SeekGod.ca and Vicky Dillen
Now is the time to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. "Behold now is the accepted time; behold now is the day of salvation." 2Corinthians 6:2
please let it be:
It concerns the most important decision
you will ever make in your life!
Don't let this opportunity to be saved pass you by.