The King James Bible


In 1976, when I prayed to ask Jesus Christ to forgive me of my sin and be Lord and Saviour of my life, the only Bible I knew about was the King James Version. Over the years, I have studied in several of the modern versions trusting the differences were minor and insignificant.

However, today I am back in the King James Version because after much studying, I believe the modern versions have been intentionally corrupted. Many verses have either been deleted or twisted.

Example: Revelation 22:16 KJV says, "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

And in Isaiah 14:12 KJV it says, "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

But in the NIV, Lucifer is called the morning star!
NIV Isaiah 14:12 says, "How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!"

That is just one of MANY examples - please do the research yourself.

The Word of God has always been under attack and Christians have lost their lives to defend it. An excellent book to read is Fox's Book of Martyrs. We should not be surprised that the Bible today is also under attack.

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12 kjv

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen Bible Baptist Bookstore? Defends King James ONLY.
http://www.kjv1611.org/
Click on table of contents,
click on "click here for table of contents,
click on KJV defense and more pages 82-114
posted by search Enid Hansen Presents at www.brightcove.tv