Are You Prepared for Eternity?


A couple of weeks ago, my 55-year-old friend was told he had cancer. After the biopsy, he was told it was worse than they first thought and they want to admit him into the hospital for his first 5-day chemotherapy on Tuesday. He’s getting a second opinion on Monday.

A couple of days later, word came that another friend, also in his fifties, had to have emergency brain surgery! He did and is now back home recuperating.

Then not long before all this, the son-in-law of yet another friend was tragically killed in an automobile accident, leaving his wife and 4 children struggling with their painful loss.

Yes, we all die one day. And wisdom tells us to prepare for the future. Are you ready?

Making a will, buying insurance policies, writing out special instructions for loved ones are all good, but what about spiritually - how do you prepare for eternity?

While living in Berlin, Germany, as a missionary, I met many atheists - those who do not believe there is a God - and even talked to people who had never heard of the Bible nor of Jesus Christ because they grew up behind the iron curtain under Communism. Often, these folks tell me, "After I die, that’s it and it’s all over!"

But it that true? If it all ends when we die, then the rest of what I have to say doesn’t matter. However, if this is not true and there is an afterlife, then the following is extremely important and you don’t want to miss it.

Faith is a key ingredient to eternity; one needs faith to believe. Growing up, I always believed in God but it wasn’t until I heard that Jesus Christ died for my sin and rose from the dead after three days that I got on my knees and asked Him to forgive me and be my Lord and Savior. It was after this that my life changed for the better. That was in 1976 and now it is 2009. That was the BEST decision I ever made and I have no regrets... none!

God is real and He loves us so much that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Jesus Christ will not perish but have everlasting life. God did not send His Son to condemn the world but to save the world through Him. He that believes on Him is not condemned. But he who doesn’t believe in the name of the only begotten Son of God is condemned already.

All of us have sinned and this has separated us from a holy God. Evil people love darkness and do not come to the light lest their deeds are exposed. But those who love the truth, come to the light because their deeds are of God. The payment for sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. Being perfect and sinless, Jesus paid for our sin when He was nailed to the cross and shed His blood at Calvary.

Jesus died, was resurrected, ascended to the Father and will return one day, so true Christians are not afraid of death. This is the Good News and this is real freedom.

Please read John 3 for more understanding on this very important topic so that you will be ready for eternity BEFORE it comes to you.

Short video clip telling why I call myself a Christian.

source

No comments: