Our Only Hope is Found in Christ


source

John 5

16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.

17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

2 comments:

Cathy Palmer said...

Just received this comment via youtube. What do you think?

I don't know who sent this video, but in any case what make a person think that they can mix holiness with unholiness?

For instance why is a worldly song (Total eclipse of the heart) in a video that supposed to be Christian?

If the makers of the video and their supporters are not Christian, then I could understand; for the world does as they know to do.

But Christian should not have any fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness. (Ephesians 5:11 KJV)

Any thing that this world produces & that does not glorify God, are unfruitful works of darkness. It does not matter how pretty the lyrics might be.

It was done by none believers for non believers glorifying, love, live, the world, and anything else other than God!

Revelation 18:4 (King James Version)
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Cathy Palmer said...

Received this in an email today:

I really liked the video put on by the youth. Thought the comment you sent along was made by someone all locked up in some religious prison. Although if I have ever heard this song before I didn't pay attention to it, I will now think of it in a different way. Although I was falling apart or the world is falling apart Jesus is what we need and He is a total eclipse of the heart. It is funny how different a song can become when you hear it with ears that think of God as love and as the one who will go beyond what we might believe to be right and proper to woo people to Himself. That is the God I love and the one that continues to astound me. Thanks for sharing this.