The Peace of God

The news can be overwhelming... and depressing.

Everyday we make choices. We can choose to see the glass as half empty or half full. We can be bitter or better. We can hold on to resentment or we can forgive. We can walk in fear or walk in faith.

The other evening I was overcome with emotion from all the out-of-control events that seem to be happening everywhere.

Then I noticed a plaque on my wall which quotes two Bible verses: "Be still and know that I am God" and "In quietness and confidence shall be your strength."

That reminded me that it's not my job to solve the world's problems, but it's God's job and He did it long ago at Calvary.

This truth gave me the peace of God I needed right then. Thank You, Lord!

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6,7

No comments: