Enjoying a Hawaiian sunrise
NEVER THE SAME AGAIN
Today, I am going to tell you a story. It is not a pleasant story but an important story. All over the world everyday, innocent lives are being killed through all forms of abortion & I want to help STOP ABORTION. So, I am going to tell you about my PRO-CHOICE DECISION in hopes that you will be provoked to help stop abortion too.

First let me ask, who reading this message has been personally touched by abortion? Or maybe the question should be, who HASN'T been touched in some way by abortion? Whether you have had an abortion or if you drove your girl friend to the clinic, we all at least know someone who has had an abortion. This is not some minor surgical procedure that protects the health of the mother. No, this is outright murder of a human life and it is TOTALLY GRUESOME & inhumane however or whenever it is done.

I know, I had an abortion many years ago BEFORE the Roe vs. Wade court decision legalized abortion across America.

In a southern California university medical center, I convinced them that I needed to have this abortion for my own mental health. They didn't argue much with me and so shortly thereafter, I was admitted. There were 6 beds in the room filled with women of various ages. The tone was somber and we didn't talk much to one another - we were all there for the same reason - abortion for our late-term pregnancy.

The nurse took me into a small room where they did "the procedure" (saline abortion involves replacing some of the fluid in the uterus with a salt solution using a long needle. I discovered years later that this actually burns the living baby alive in the womb). We were located in the burn unit of the hospital and in the next room you could heard loud, bone-chilling screaming. I was told this was a patient being put into a bath where the bandages were being removed and pulling off the skin - I should have left then.

So for me, something went wrong with "the procedure" and they said they would have to do "it" again tomorrow. Later in the wee hours of the night, I was suddenly woken up to screaming from one of the girls in the room. A nurse came in, pulled the curtain around her and eventually, she stopped and I fell back asleep.

The next moring the girl was gone and I was taken again for "the procedure" which proved to be "sucessful". Later that night, I suddenly went into heavy labor. In great pain, I called the nurse who came but could not do much. She left and I kept ringing the bell because the pain was so great. She got irritated with me, saying she was very busy and left again.

Then it happened. I gave birth to a purple colored dead baby in my bed. One more time, I rang the nurse and she came. With a disgusted look on her face, she said the next shift was coming and they would clean up "this mess". So for about 1/2 hour, I lay on my side with a dead baby and placenta (after-birth) behind me. (Jesus I know you have forgiven me of this horrible sin, but it still hurts when I think about it - I am so sorry, LORD.)

Finally, the next nurse came, cleaned up "the mess" and I left, returning to my life, never the same again...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ms Cathy,

I'm sure your experience was indeed tramatic. Just from reading your entry here I can tell it has had a profound effect on your life. So please let me say how sorry I am you had to go through that alone.

Ma'am, I am pro-choice for very similar reasons you are pro-life.

I would wager your experience at the California university has altered your opinion of all abortion procedures. But you should consider that abortion is a much more common practice than it was then. The procedure has changed from what you experienced.

The Roe vs Wade decision changed the entire approach to abortions. Now that the procedure has been legalized and physicians allowed to specialize in it, the procedure is more humane. People don't look down their noses at women who have had abortions as much either. A big problem you had was the indifference or disgust of the nursing staff. You are right though, it is a horrible thing to have to go through, especially by yourself.

Another thing you should think about is you had a late-term abortion. While it happens on occasion, most physicians will not take a late-term abortion case. The mother already has a bond with the child, the child is too developed, and it is so hard on the mother.

Please do not misinterpret my intentions, ma'am. I, in no way, mean to belittle your experience or pass judgement on you in any way. As I stated above, I am very sorry for your loss and that you had to do it alone. I also know, you probably will read this and think no more about it thinking I am a horrible person because I am pro-choice. Maybe I am, but you followed your heart to Jesus so I must follow mine where it leads me. I kept in mind that you and I are of different generations. What you and I have lived through are entirely different things. But there is something that makes us the same. We both have the mother instinct. I, not being a mother, place all of it in looking after my friends. So we are very different, ma'am. Please consider this post and your position on abortion again. I know I won't be able to change your mind that abortion is wrong, but I hope you might change your mind about crusading against it.

Sara

Cathy Palmer said...

Dear Sara,
Thank you for your honest thoughts on your pro-choice stance and for taking the time to respond to my post written in August 2004. I am reposting my story, your response and this reply today so others can read it too.

Even though you don’t say it outright, it sounds like you had an abortion? For me, when I made that decision, I didn’t see anything wrong with abortion. Then years later after I began to follow Jesus and read the Bible, I had to come to terms with my actions. David writes in Psalm 139 that we are, “fearfully and wonderfully made” by God in our mother’s womb and that His thoughts towards us are precious and more than all the grains of sand! We are made in His image and likeness and He loves us. However, our sin separates us from Him. Out of His love for us, God sent His one and only Son that whosoever believes on Him will not perish but have eternal life. Jesus, Who never sinned, became sin and died on the cross so I could be forgiven and have new life. His blood was shed for us and it wasn’t until after I gave my life to Jesus that I understood this. And because I am forgiven, I can now forgive others.

My prayer is that the lies be exposed and the truth be revealed so that we can have an honest and loving relationship with our heavenly Father.

You, Sara, are a blessing and the Lord created you with destiny. The only way to discover your destiny is through a personal relationship with His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, Who loves you dearly and is returning one day soon – now is the day of salvation, Sara.

His forever,
Cathy