"GIVE IT AWAY!"
Yesterday at the Kudamm 6 of us met and worshipped the LORD while each taking turns preaching to the crowd - GREAT FUN! LOTS of seeds were planted in this atheistic town, we had several good conversations, prayed with others and at least one man got saved - DANKE JESUS! We will be going back on Friday, so please join us if you can. This morning I read a POWERFUL testimony which brought tears to my eyes because of GOD'S FAITHFULNESS: "Go Serve The Lord" by John Edwards. He said, "I was driving to work just like any usual day, feeling quite good about my car because I'd just had the motor reconditioned, the air-conditioner restored and a sound system with graphic equalizer installed. Then unexpectedly God spoke to me, “…give it away…” I ignored the thought and kept driving. But it came again: “Give it away.” “Ok Lord – I’ll give it away on the weekend,” I said. “No – after work today will be fine,” He replied. And I knew who I had to give it to. Then when I got to work, the Lord started speaking to me again. “Its time you gave notice in your job.” “What do you want me to do Lord?” I asked. Just then He showed me a picture of Australia with pathways criss-crossed all over it. “Just go wherever I tell you to go, and preach the Gospel,” He said. “How am I going to live without an income? I’m not going to chuck in a perfectly good job and go on the dole, or become another statistic on the unemployment figures,” I said. “You won’t have to. Just trust me – I’ll provide everything,” He replied. So I gave notice in my job and then, after work, I drove to my friend’s house who I felt led to give my car to. I knocked on his door – but he wasn’t home. “Well there you go,” I thought, “this wasn’t God, after all.” And I was just going to go home and forget the whole thing. “Pity about the job – but atleast I’ve still got the car,” I thought. So I got back in my car – but it wouldn’t start! Slightly annoyed, I popped the bonnet and got out to try and find the problem. And while I was delayed, my friend returned home. “Oh John, what are you doing here?” “Wouldn’t you like to know!” I thought. I didn’t quite know how to tell him I was there to give him my car, so I said nothing about it. He invited me in, and the first thing he said to me was, “John, my wife and I have been praying – we’re really asking God to give us a car.” That was so good to hear! (A confirmation). So I threw him the keys and said, “She’s all yours then.” He thought I was only joking and threw the keys back. “I’m not joking – you’ve been praying for a car – so its yours!” And I threw him the keys again. “Very funny,” he said, and handed me back the keys. Eventually I said, "Look. Come out to the car. I'll need to show you a few things." I took him out to the car and let him sit in it. “You are joking aren’t you?” he looked up at me. And I caught a bus and train home." TO READ THE REST OF HIS AMAZING STORY, CLICK HERE!

No comments: