A Church on Fire

The following 5 minute video clip was difficult for me to watch. It was put on youtube just today and one of the comments provoked me to respond:

"This is what makes non-christians and agnostics like me very angry, bitter and resentful towards christian beliefs and the christian God. We dont want to be subject to this so-called move of the holy spirit, although according to christian teachings of the bible, it is absolutely against anything that the Deity would condone. But we also do not like that God will send people error when they wish to receive truth."

That broke my heart and I am grieved as I was very much apart of this type of 'ministry' for 10 years. Here is my reply:

"This is a tragic clip. I'm a Christian who was in the middle of something similar to this video: the Brownsville 'revival' and the FIRE ministry mess. However, while a missionary living in Berlin, Germany, my eyes were opened and in 2005, I came out of this cult & am now warning others. The Lord Jesus Christ says "Let no man deceive you", so we have no one to blame but ourselves if we follow false teachers. Please don't blame God for Satan's handiwork among the wolves in sheep's clothing."

A Church on Fire

source

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, please forgive me for following, supporting and endorsing ANYTHING that is not of You and not in the Bible - I am so sorry!! Please restore anyone that I may have misled and please bring them to the TRUTH I beg of You, Lord. And if there is anything else I am believing that is not the truth, please expose it and remove it from me I ask. This is quite painful to realize I have allowed myself to be deceived. Thank You, heavenly Father, for hearing this prayer in Jesus name - amen!

MATTHEW 3 - John the Baptist rebukes the Pharisees and Sadducees:
4 And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.

5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,

6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow,very sad. Where did this service take place? Is this the spreading of the "Lakeland impartation"?

Cathy Palmer said...

Where? Not sure. You may want to contact the LocalPastor who put up the vid.

"Lakeland impartation"? Most likely.

And yes, very sad.

Anonymous said...

This video was on the internet. It is exactly like the Howard-Brown, Todd Bentley and Toronto "moves". I have another video up "Live at Lakeland" that shows the same thing happened there at the revival.

Thanks for watching and praying.

localpastor