The Lies of Bentley

More nonsense from Lakeland...


source

Revelation 21


5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

6/12/08 UPDATE

Hello all,
According to this video, Todd Bentley received a prophetic word from Wendy Alec (co-owner of God TV) that Jesus would make a personal appearance on stage at the Lakeland 'revival' on June 8, 2008. Todd then goes on to say that he won't really be there in person, but in spirit.

So what happened the next night?

I just read this comment about it here:
"Did you see the service last night? Absolutely no mention of the big appearance that was supposed to take place. Ron DeLuca took over after worship. Todd was on the platform, but never actually spoke."

Read this comment: "Todd Bentley is a false prophet, serving a false god, under a false anointing, leading many false converts into a false revival."

Indeed!

Also, a week or so ago I got an email from a German friend who asked me if I still lived in Florida because she was coming to Lakeland. I told her my great concerns, gave her the link to my post on Bentley and recommended she not go. Then yesterday she emailed again saying:

Dear Cathy,

thank you for your email and your "blog".

I went to Florida, found shelter with a wonderful family and tried Todd for 3 days. Since I didn't hear anything "strange" DURING THAT time I "jumped" in and had a good time with all the people from all over the world and my guest family. The girl I stayed with in my room had an angel visitation one night and another night heard angels singing. I was careful....

Anyway, when I came home my pastor said something about Lakeland and that sobered me up. He said don`t look at your feelings, don`t look at the things happening, but look at the bible, is it scriptual? I heard Todd personally say that he is ministering in the spirit of Branham, that to me gave a red light, plus all his experiences and angels. With Bob Jones I had a strange feeling when I saw him for the first time long time ago in God TV.

I felt secure even after your mail, because I respect Wendy and Rory Alec from GOD/TV. That they show something without doing a research on the matter, seemed impossible to me. What do you think?

I got other emails warning me.
Anyway, I separated myself from that movement. But I am sad, sad for all the people, the desperate, those getting born again there....But of course if it is from God....??????

Anyway, I see, that I need to read and study the word more and to obey the Holy Spirit.

Kol.2: 8-18 is something I want to meditate about....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you,Kathy for speaking the truth!The connection to William Branham,alone,is reason enough to RUN from Todd Bentley!!Alease in Cleveland

Liz said...

It’s always to important to factor growth in ministry. I think we really need to factor in the possibility that Todd is truly being used of God but like human beings are, he is susceptible to error, and error doesnt make you false. Dont throw the Baby out with the bathwater!! If anyone feels that something isnt right, correct in love, don't criticize or demonize for then you truly take on the nature of the accuser of the brethren. Kathy i really respect that you have gone through this prayerfully and i think its important to do that and actively walk in love.
I think the biggest challenge is for the more mature christian leaders to support, correct and love him. Stop hating, for when Christ said " A house divided against itself cannot stand", it was a warning meant for us, his church
As for the mantle issue, i have come across a lot of prophetic people with pre-occupation with inheriting "mantles". To be honest am no really clear if this is relevant to a new testament believer but what i know is that if a mantle- fancy word for Anointing, is God- given, then its cool. its the human beings faults that taint the work, not the mantle. Branham, started right, fell into error but the power of God that worked through him is pure. So if the same mantle is on Todd, is it necessarily a falsehood?
My prayer is that we will pray, that the Will of God be done, he be exalted and the truth be revealed...lets stop this hating. God bless.