"Touch Not the Unclean Thing" and I "Will Be a Father Unto You"


How appropriate that the Lord had me read the following passage which talks about Him being a Father to me IF I come out from idolatry, be separate and touch not the unclean thing.

In the Old Testament, there are numerous 'unclean things' listed. However, in the New Testament Paul writes in Romans 14, "I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean."

So I believe today the 'unclean thing' is spiritual idolatry and adultery, pleasing the flesh rather than obeying God, following after things rather than after the Creator, loving money which is the root of all evil, serving self rather than dying to self, being prideful rather than broken and humble.

Just my thoughts...


2 Corinthians 6

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

No comments: