To Judge or Not to Judge?


Yesterday, received a comment from Donato saying it was wrong for me to judge Todd Bentley. Below is his comment, my reply and his next comment. In the meantime, I emailed Bud Press from Christian Research Service to get his take on all this and I believe Bud's answer (below) will help us all - thanks Bud!

COMMENTS (source):

Dear Cathy, I just want to tell you that our priority should be to take people for Jesus instead of going against men and creating divisions between christians..

Ephesians 6:12
12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Personally I don't express my self about Todd, but while satan distracts us thinking about men, some people may burn in the hell...
The only things that I know is that he preaches Jesus Christ and many people accepted Him in they're life in his crusades.. Only God knows him for real, we are so imperfects

God bless you very much, remember my dear sister, we are men, we can make mistakes...

Romans 14:10
You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.
# posted by Anonymous Donato (italy) : 6/12/08 5:33 PM

-----

Hello Donato,

The Lord Jesus Christ says in Matthew 7:15,16, "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits."

I am questioning the fruits I see in Lakeland.

In John 7:24, the Lord tells us to "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment" and in Matthew 24:24, he says "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

We are to renounce the hidden things of dishonesty and to let no man deceive us. We have no one to blame but ourselves if we get deceived.

My desire and prayer is that the Lord Jesus Christ be glorified as He leads us unto the Truth and expose any lie we are believing.

Thanks for your comment.

blessings,
Cathy
# posted by Blogger Cathy : 6/13/08 6:12 AM

-----

dear sister, Thank you for replying me,I accept your point of view, I have no doubts it's good to go quietly and to check and try every spirit, personally I didn't have a bad impression of Todd, he's an imperfect christian like all of us.. Maybe that God told to be aware of false prophet but did he told you to consider Todd as a false prophet? And did He told you to open a blog against Him? Personally I'm asking God to open my mind to His Truth, if this man is a false prophet..

Anyway, this is his personal biblical explaining of the revival of Lakeland:

http://www.freshfire.ca/?Id=1059&pid=993

God bless you, and lead us to the Truth :)
# posted by Anonymous Donato (italy) : 6/13/08 5:29 PM

--- end ---

EMAIL FROM BUD PRESS

Hi Cathy:

Unfortunately, Donato's letter to you is a typical carbon-copy reply from one who is unable to distinguish the real Jesus from the false. Sadly, this is widespread (as you know), and is growing on a daily basis.

The truth is that Donato is doing the same thing to you as he/she is accusing you of (i.e., judging).

Here are two excellent articles from my friends at Personal Freedom Outreach. They answer questions and have proved to be a blessing many times over:

To Judge or Not to Judge: http://www.pfo.org/notjudge.htm

Revisiting Public Criticism: http://www.pfo.org/revisitg.htm

As you read and study the articles, please know that God calls every Christian to make righteous judgments (John 7:24). And, in the context of Matthew chapter 7, Jesus calls us to judge, but not hypocritically. How else would we distinguish the false from the true?

Romans chapter 14, when read in context, talks about judging fairly and unfairly, and uses an example of what a Christian eats. In other words, if one Christian wants to eat meat, that's fine. But if another wants to eat only vegetables, that's fine too (Cross-reference with Colossians 2:16, which says, Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day).

Donato took Romans 14:10 out of context, which is par-for-the-course with those who fail to study their Bibles.

Your response to Donato was great, so be sure to keep this situation in prayer, for only God can open the eyes of those being deceived.

God bless you, and keep up the good fight for the faith.

--Bud

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are so ofended or upset about Todd or what he is doing. I should assume you are praying and asking God to have him stop right? Should i assume you have asked the Lord if this is real? And God does speak to us if you sit long enough to listen. I also know that God is big enough to deal with this if you know that Todd s doing evil than you should get on your face and intercede and pray.

Cathy Palmer said...

Yes, I do pray and my heart is broken over those who are being deceived like I was...

Dear heavenly Father, it is so good to know that You are in control and we can place our total trust in You alone for all things. Thank You so much for Your tender mercies and loving kindness each and every day. Thank You for the cross, thank You for forgiveness of sin, thank You for the resurrection and thank You for blessed hope - we watch and pray, looking for Your return. Lord Jesus, we simply want Your will to be done and Your kingdom to come on earth as it is in heaven. If the events in Lakeland are not from you, please expose them and give us eyes to see the truth. And if the critics are wrong, please show us that as well. We ask that You reveal the Truth, expose the lies, wake up the deceived, convict the sinner, save the lost and may You be glorified we pray in Jesus name. Please expose any lies in our own hearts that we may be believing and guide us to the Truth. Thank You so much, Lord God Almighty - hallelujah and amen!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what all the fuss is about. But I was save'd second weak of october 07. I was saved because of a angel God sent me. He was my best friend from second grade he moved away at 16 God sent him back into my life at 32. He was a hard working kind man, My daughter was just born and me or him new jesus. We alway's respected peoples faith we believed we never excepted. He got throat cancer 4yrs ago. He worked with a trake in his throat then a feeding toob in his stomach. Me and my wife took care of him the last 6month's my family who loved and adored him watched him slowly die. On his death bed we prayed as he went flatline. Then he come back for 40 seconds it was the greatest calm I ever felt my in my life. My son was with me he said the same thing. We burried him and 5month's went bye I wandered did he get saved is he in Heaven. Then the day come my friend's 16 yr old girl who I promised to take care of ask me to go to a finale of fear factor she was in. I said okay and my 10yr old girl went with me. We walk in this place and I felt something I could not explain. It was a church that had night's for the kid's. My girl who had gone to church with the neighbor's every weak said please bring me back sunday. I did and this is when my world became new. This is when I knew my friend was in Heaven, As weaks went bye my son was saved then my wife then my brother inlaw's sister's inlaw's. About 25 people to this point. All because my friend who alway's said he would die for me and my family.Well he did what he promised,He was my angel he come back in my life to save me and my family. I was a terrible person I cussed every other word,I talked haitred just to make myself feel better. I was raised bye a achoholic, I have not missed church 9 month's in. I have no Idea what's happening in the world, I go to any service I can. I have seen in my 9 month's live and in church's around my area detroit mich, John hagee,Ken hagen,kennith copeland, joyce meyers. And my church pastor jerry weinzirl. I listen and read I could pastor right now. You see you find scripture related to your life make people feel good and your great. But I know this feeling 24hrs a day 7 day's a weak. People keep telling me I will level off. No way this is the greatest feeling of love and compassion that can't be explained only felt. If you don't feel this way everyday of your life you must not be living it. I would not take the world for this everlasting feeling of life. If you don't feel this way pray and ask why, for god will tell you. JESUS FOREVER!!

Cathy Palmer said...

What a wonderful testimony! Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Keep reading your Bible and stay focused on the Lord Jesus Christ and you won't be led astray.

I must caution you about some of the folks you mentioned (John Hagee, Ken Hagen, Kenneth Copeland & Joyce Meyers) as I believe their teaching is off. But you test what they say against the Word of God which is our plumb line. If it's not in the scriptures, then let it go. And also, ask God about these people.

May the Lord Jesus bless you, keep you, make His face to shine upon you, be gracious to you and give you peace!

Cathy

Proverbs 3:5-8 "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones."